- I’d make everything automatic. Have you ever noticed that it seems that most bathrooms get 3 out of 4 (Paper towels, Soap dispenser, Water, Flush)? Why can’t they just do the fourth one?
- I’d always have the option to use a paper towel (sorry environment!). When I’m trying to catch my plane, I don’t have time to wait for that blow dryer to dry my hands. Alternatively, I’d create better hand dryers – I’ve seen some where you dip your hands inside – they are much more efficient.
- I’d create a stall lock which didn’t require any contact with my hands. No matter how many automatic things there are, you have to touch that lock. How about a little button on the floor? You could always override it manually if you got stuck!
- I’d build more large stalls. I know the engineers are trying to fit more stalls in there – but if it’s a fairly big bathroom, I’d really love to be able to take my luggage in with me without crashing into the wall or tipping the luggage into the toilet.
- I’d always design the outbound doors as ‘Push’ so you don’t have to pull the door with your recently washed hands, and then stuff a dirty paper towel into your pocket to carry around with you the rest of the day (assuming they had paper towels).
What would you do?