Just because we’re in the biggest recession since…well, ever, doesn’t mean you have to forgo your travel plans this summer just because you can’t afford the gear. I’ve put together a list of 20 essential traveling gizmos, gadgets, and gear all under $20.00! Who says you need the new North Face Summit Series extreme sub 50 degree all in one tent/sleeping bag/GPS/water purifier/air-conditioned gadget to enjoy a trip?
(no, the previously described item does not really exist)
Now for the list:
1. Swiss Army Knife – $13.49 – never leave home without one
2. Chap Stick – $1.39 – nobody likes dry, cracked, peeling lips
3. Havaina Flip Flops – $19.95 – stylin’ and comfy foot attire (please wear in the shower too…athletes foot? No thanks.)
4. Dr. Brommer’s 18 in 1 Liquid Soap – $8.00 – shampoo, body-wash, laundry detergent, dish soap…
5. Nuclear Grade Duct Tape – $13.97 – that’s right…it says Nuclear Grade. Strap things down, patch holes, tie people, I mean things up…
8. Bandana/Handkerchief – $0.99 – besides looking like a bad ass, the bandana comes in handy in all kinds of situations
9. Multi-colored Luggage Tags – $13.95 – six pack of fancy colors to set your black Samsonite luggage apart from the rest
10. Sun-Block – $17.52 – a nice tan is guaranteed to impress, your skin will thank you for applying some sun-block
11.A Journal – $12.21 – no internet? Must be off the path…bring a journal to capture your every thought
12. Aviator Sunglasses – $12.95 – besides looking like Maverick, they’ll protect your eyes from harmful UV rays and sun-bathers taking advantage of the ‘clothing optional’ sign
13. Ibuprofen – $17.24 – so many reasons you’ll need pain-killers while on your journey
14. Water Bottle – $18.00 – some places you’re just not supposed to drink the water…
15. Wrist Watch – $18.21 – no need for a Rolex while traveling…any time keeper will do
16. Ziploc Bags – $3.99 – you never know what you might want to keep fresh…or keep away from your clean clothes
17. Packing Organizer – $11.79 – don’t just throw your stuff in your pack – organize it with Eagle Creek’s Pack-it Cube
18. Chewing Gum – $12.21 – dirty mouth? Bring some breath freshening, teeth whitening chewing gum for an easy alternative to brushing…plus, chewing gum can be used for MacGyver-esque situations
20. NileGuide Trip Itinerary – FREE – sorry for the shameless plug – it just makes sense though!
Anything missing? Feel free to keep the list going and add below.