Ah, the prim, neat, and orderly style of flight attendants. There’s something about their professional attire that’s meant to be admired, but that doesn’t mean some airlines can’t spice things up a bit.
Here’s a few examples of airlines that take fashion seriously.
1. Virgin Atlantic’s Bright Red Shoes – Since Virgin Atlantic’s successful new ad campaign and commercial, these flight attendants are sporting sharp red uniforms designed by John Rocha are now also wearing sexy red pumps. How they strut their stuff in heels all day is baffling, but we salute them for doing so.
2. Singapore Airlines’ Colorful Sarong Kebaya – The famous Singapore Girls certainly turn some heads with their designer Sarong Kebaya uniform. Singapore Airlines is also pretty strict with their style. For example, stewardesses have to wear certain shades of toenail polish, and their hair must always be dark. Yikes!
3. Thai Airways’ Purple Everything – Thai Airways has recently come under fire for telling their flight attendants to lose weight, but their “Smooth as Silk” theme translates to everything…even the flight attendant uniforms. A bright purple suit adorned with a pink/purple scarf and often embellished with a flower makes them look feminine and put together.
4. SkyEurope’s Denim Get-Ups – SkyEurope has apparently combined fashion with casual in their uniforms of stylish denim. Denim dresses, skirts and coats pinned with a red flower gives the whole experience a nice, laid-back feel. We just hope they refrain from wearing a jean jacket on top of it when they’re off duty.
5. Ethiad Airways’ Classy Crew – They might not have the colorful garb of the other airlines, but these flight attendants wear incredibly classy dark suits topped off with a cute hat and a silk scarf, and they certainly catch some attention. We kind of like their old-school charm.
If only we could get our hands on these outfits. But knowing how closely some airlines guard their garb, it probably won’t be happening anytime soon.