- As legend has it, this mansion, built in 1622, was originally the home of a rich merchant, Nicholaas Sohier, who had a deaf maid. One night six theives broke into the house, but were all beheaded miraculously by the maid. Nowadays, those heads can still be seen prominently decorating the gable roof, giving the house its famous name. It is privately owned today housing offices and private exhibitions.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Het Huis met de HoofdenLocals have answered 105 questions about Amsterdam.
Ask Amsterdam Locals about Het Huis met de Hoofden