- The name of this catholic church dedicated to St. Francis Xavier refers to one of the three houses bought by Jesuit Father Petrus Laurensz who turned them into a hidden church. In 1677 a real church was built, but the church as we know it in its present day form dates back to 1883 and was designed by Alfred Tepe. It is a tall three aisled neo-Gothic transeptal basilica which has undergone a number of important restoration works in the past 30 years. Work is still being carried out in order to preserve the building. Masses are held daily and on Sunday there is also Gregorian Mass.
- © wcities.com 2013