- The church dates from 1665 and is believed to have been designed by Adriaan Dortsman, with the support of Daniel Stalpert. Its layout forms the shape of a Greek cross in which the space between the arms has been partially filled by lower volumes. On the canal side is the main entrance, the elevation of which is supported by a balustrade. The cornice of the lower volumes follows the relief of the walls whereas; the cornice of the Greek cross strictly conforms to the layout without acknowledging the indentations of the wall.
- © wcities.com 2013