- The Waalse Kerk used to be the chapel of the monastery of the brothers of Paul, founded in 1409. The chapel was inaugurated in 1496. The Walloon Reformed community was permitted to organize French-speaking services in the chapel in 1586. From that moment on, the chapel was renamed Walenkerck or Waalse Kerk (Walloon Church). Nowadays, the Waalse Kerk is a church with three aisles and is covered with timber barrel vaults. The aisles are in a traditional neo-Gothic style.
- © wcities.com 2013