- Type: Venues
NileGuide Expert tip:
Beware of taxis that loiter just on the hill. They'll likely ask far more than necessary to just take you to the top. Grab your taxi well before the hill- one that's already in motion- and you've got a better chance of dealing with an honest cabbie.
- 4,000 seats and the highest point in the city of Athens makes Lykavittos one of the most popular venues for big tours; it's also home to the Lykabettus Music Festival every summer.
On an active night, don't even think about trying to drive up to the top- rather take the funicular that starts at the base of the hill and lets you out just by the cafe. Walk down just a ways and you're at the theater- though we hardly think you'll need directions once the band is tuning up with skyscraper-sized amplifiers.
If you've got the time, go ahead and walk all the way down after the show. It's a nice way to take in the view of the city lit after dark.
To get tickets:
- © NileGuide2013
- tel: +30 210 722 7233 (box office)
- fax: +30 210 331 0640 (Tourist Information)
- Corner of Aristippou & Ploutarchou Streets
- Athens 106 76
- Summers: check concert listings around April.
- User Rating