- The mosque overlooking Monastiraki Square was built in 1759 under Ottoman rule. After the liberation of Athens, it was transformed into a museum, where a collection of traditional Greek handicrafts was exhibited. Nowadays, the Tzami, as it is known by the Athenians, houses the Pottery Collection of the Museum of Greek Folk Art. The collection, donated by V. Kyriazopoulos, consists of splendid works by contemporary artists but also includes everyday ceramic objects, as well as tourist souvenirs.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Pottery Collection at the Tzisdarakis Mosque (Tzami)Locals have answered 98 questions about Athens.
Ask Athens Locals about Pottery Collection at the Tzisdarakis Mosque (Tzami)
- tel: +30 210 321 7116(Tourist Information)
- 1 Areos Street
- Athens 105 55
- Daily 9a-2:30p except Tuesdays
- No Sweat
- User Rating