- Type: Kid Friendly
NileGuide Expert tip:
A beautiful place to stay which is off the main road, yet within walking distance to everywhere.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City is located in Auckland, close to Viaduct Basin, Sky Tower, and University of Auckland. Nearby points of interest also include Queen Street Shopping District and Auckland Town Hall.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City's restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. A bar/lounge is open for drinks. Room service is available 24 hours a day. The hotel serves buffet breakfasts each morning in the restaurant (surcharges apply). Recreational amenities include an indoor pool, a children's pool, a spa tub, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 4-star property has a business center and offers a meeting/conference room and business services. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas. Additional property amenities include laundry facilities, currency exchange, and secure parking. The property has designated areas for smoking.
80 air-conditioned guestrooms at Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City feature minibars and coffee/tea makers. All accommodations have balconies. Kitchenettes include microwaves and refrigerators. Wired high-speed Internet access is available for a surcharge. In addition to complimentary newspapers and safes, guestrooms offer phones. Cable television is provided. Guests may request wake-up calls.
This Hotel property is rated 4 stars.
Notifications and Fees:
- This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- All guests staying in hotel guestrooms must be registered with the hotel.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: NZD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 40.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: NZD 300 per night
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: NZD 10.00 (for 2 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): NZD 30.00 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Continental breakfast fee: NZD 20 per person (approximately)
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Ask a local about Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland CityLocals have answered 34 questions about Auckland.
Ask Auckland Locals about Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City
User Reviews for Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City
We stayed 4 nights recently and were very disappointed with the total lack of service. We too were hit with $30 per day car parking fee and were not even told that we needed reception...
- posted on 11.26.12
- by Maureen C
Not worth your money
Here is a list of reasons why you should reconsider spending your money elsewhere. Not that we were expecting perfection, but that the price of a room at this hotel doesn't reflect...
- posted on 11.24.12
- by Jenk1ns
Stayed 2 nights on top floor
After reading the reviews on this hotel I decided to book a city view room (above level 4) and we were pleasantly surprised :) We arrived early in the day and staff were friendly...
- posted on 11.23.12
- by mosscopeekotrain