- One of Austin's most crowded bars on the weekends. Fado pronounced (Fun-DOH) translates to "long ago" in Celtic. The bar contains everything from Celtic designs to polished wood blocks and glass cabinets. If you can find a table grab it and watch the crowd meander around the bar, which is centered in the middle, or head outside to the small patio with its own bar and enjoy a Guinness. Handicapped parking is available behind the pub, in the alley.
- © wcities.com 2013
User Reviews for Fado Irish Pub
Editorial review from Citysearch
Never been to Ireland but this place seems to have a swanky Irish pub feel to it. Low light and lots of polished wood. Sports on the tube and group seating areas available. Decent draft...
- posted on 02.02.13
- by by billm729535371 at Citysearch
- Irish Pub 2005 – Audience Winner
- Irish Pub 2006 – Audience Winner
- Irish Pub 2007 – Audience Winner
- Irish Pub 2006 – Editorial Winner
- Irish Pub 2007 – Editorial Winner
Bars & Pubs
Message from Fado Irish Pub
Fado Irish Pub & Restaurant, located on 4th Street between Colorado and Lavaca, tells the story of Ireland's rich and celebrated pub culture throughout its design. Fado is Austin's most popular Irish pub, offering a perfect spot for lunch, after work, dinner, European sporting matches, late night fun or corporate or private parties. Fado Irish Pub & Restaurant is distinguished by genuine Irish hospitality, quality food, the perfect pint and craic (Gaelic for good times). Become a Fan of Fado on Facebook & Follow Fado on Twitter. Check out our St. Patricks Day Events all week long on our website, March 12th-17th!
- Authentic Irish Food & Drink
- Televised Euro Sporting Events
- Corporate & Private Parties