- Cuisines: American, Seafood, Mexican
NileGuide Expert Says:
Popular for its stunning sunset views over Lake Travis, this Tex Mex restaurant is definitely worth the drive for out-of-towners.
- A simple sunset is the star of the show every night at The Oasis. Perched on a hillside covered with tiered decks, diners applaud spontaneously as the sun slips behind the hills. For years, the restaurant was criticized for its pricey, mediocre food and drinks. Now, you can have your view and a good meal too. The Fire Grilled Relleno is stuffed with spicy pork or chicken and covered with queso fresco, cilantro and Mexican cream. The Grilled Shrimp Diablo is a plate of huge shrimp stuffed with sliced jalapenos wrapped in bacon and basted in sweet chilies. For optimum sunset toasting, get the gold margarita, with a floater of Cazadores Blanco and a splash of orange juice. On Sunday nights, Latin jazz band The Brew plays at the adjoining Starlight Terrace bar. A retractable roof is opened during good weather to allow dancing under the stars.
- © NileGuide2013
- Outdoor Bar 2004 – Audience Winner
- Romantic Bar 2007 – Audience Winner
- View 2004 – Audience Winner
- View 2005 – Audience Winner
- Waterfront Dining 2004 – Audience Winner