- This historic building was originally designed as the Austin Asylum for the Blind in 1857. In post-Civil War Reconstruction, Major George Armstrong Custer occupied it. Today, it is a starting point for visitors to the University of Texas campus. Prospective students are encouraged to visit the Freshman Admissions Center located in this building to receive admission counseling and information about the university, as well as attend programs especially designed to meet the needs of incoming freshmen.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about University of Texas Visitors Information CenterLocals have answered 18 questions about Austin.
Ask Austin Locals about University of Texas Visitors Information Center