- Erected in June 1941 in honor of a brief war with the French, Victory Monument consists of a tall obelisk and five statues that represent the army, navy, air force, police and civilian. Although Victory Monument itself may not be reason enough to venture to its roundabout, the area immediately surrounding the obelisk is well worth the visit. The intersection is one of the busiest in Thailand, and vendors of all types coat the plaza and walkways of the circle. Victory Monument is a great place to get cheap local eats, drink a beer or two, and find that one last souvenir on the shopping list.
- © NileGuide2013
- tel: +66 2 694 1222 (Tourism Authority of Thailand)
- fax: +66 2 691 1220 (Tourism Authority of Thailand)
- Between Din Daeng, Phahonyothin, Phayathai and Ratchawithi Roads
- Thung Phayathai sub-district
- Bangkok, Bangkok
- No Sweat