- Originally called Wat Ban Phrayakrai Suanluang, King Rama III built this temple as a gift to HRH Prince Apsornsudathep. A mixture of Chinese architectural styles, the exquisite design of the four directional stupa was created by court artisans. The throne, where the presiding Buddha's image is enshrined, and the mural paintings in the sanctuary, feature rice balls in a cone-shaped receptacle called Phum Khao Bin. Sunthon Phu, a leading poet during the Rattanakosin Era, resided in this temple during his monkhood from 1840-1842. His Poet House Museum is open daily to the public. Admission: free.
- © wcities.com 2013