More Top 10s
- Hotels Near Chatuchak Weekend Market
- Hotels Near Chinatown
- Hotels Near Don Muang International Airport
- Hotels Near Jim Thompson's House
- Hotels Near Royal Grand Palace
Public Question Asked by Jerome Isaac about Bangkok
best places to see in Bangkok
The Best Answer
Answered by Chinawut Chinaprayoon , Bangkok, Thailand
Depends on your preference, Bangkok has a wide variety of must-see places. If you are into Thai temples, don't miss the grand Grand Palace and the Temple of Emerald Buddha, Temple of the Dawn, Wat Pho and Wat Benchamabophit. Palaces like Vimanmek and the Dusit Throne Hall are also worth visiting. If you wants to see Thai ways of life, you may visit Jim Thompson House of some traditional Thai life introduction, Chinatown for the one of the best food scenes, Chatuchak for how local go shopping, and Siam district for urban aspect of Bangkok. There are also many museums in Bangkok to visit, but I would recommend the latest one that just opened its door - the Rattanakosin Exhibition Hall - it is just fabulous. Check this article out http://www.thetrippacker.com/en/destination/place/attraction/bangkok-nitasrattanakosin-museum
Answered by Graham Bear MacMillan , Phuket, Thailand
Go with Chinawut's answers, you can always to these answers once you get to Bankok. Have a wonderful stay.
Answered by Ken Kapulong , Bangkok, Thailand
Here are a few options for you:
- Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha, then head to Temple of Dawn (a must-see for tourists). Take the Chao Phraya River boats and see Bangkok life from a different point of view.
- Jim Thompson house
- Weekend market at Chatuchak (the best place to get anything under the sun!) You will experience a market place on a whole new level!
- Siam area is for the young, hip and cosmopolitan Thais. You will see here a lot of Thais showing their own fashion statements
- Pratu Nam market for shopping. If you want branded clothes, go to Central World, Siam Paragon or the near by Siam Discovery Mall
- Try the dinner cruise on Chao Phraya river. Experience great Thai food while you cruise along the famous river of kings
- Nightlife at its best in Silom area. Also has a stretch of night market to buy clothes and accessories. Clubs, bars and restaurants are all over the place, frequented by tourists, expats and Thais.
Hope this helps!
Answered by Nudy Nutsati , Amphoe Muang Chiang Mai, Thailand
1.Wat Phra Kaew and the Grand Palace complex
3.Khlong Tours and the Royal Barges Museum
5.Morlam Music at Tawan Daeng
6.Muay Thai Boxing
7.Chatuchak Weekend Market
8.Suan Lum Night Bazaar and Joe Louis Puppet Theatre
9.Segway Tours: a Unique, Unforgettable Bangkok Experience
10.Mahachai Prison Corrections Museum