More Top 10s
- Hotels Near Chatuchak Weekend Market
- Hotels Near Chinatown
- Hotels Near Don Muang International Airport
- Hotels Near Jim Thompson's House
- Hotels Near Royal Grand Palace
Public Question Asked by M@rtijn Bakker about Bangkok
What is the best way to go visit Angkor Wat from Bangkok?
Do I need a Visa in advance? (I am Dutch) Or is it no problem to arrange it at the border.
The Best Answer
Answered by Wilfried Giessler , Bangkok, Thailand
Many ways may lead to Seam Riep/Angkhor. Four of them I have traveled a couple of times.
!. Take an early train (about 5.45 am) from Bkk Hualamphong main station to Aranyapathet (very nice journey!). Takes about 6 hrs. From A. station take a songtaew (shared pickup taxi or tuk-tuk (three-wheeler) to border crossing. Visa can be arranged on arrival at border. From Poiphet (border city in Cambodia) take any road transport to Seam Reap.
2. Instead of train from Bkk to A. take a aircon bus from Morchit (northern bus station). It's faster than train. Other is same than 1.
3. Take a flight from Bkk to Seam Riep (quite expensive). Visa on arrival possible.
4. Take a budget flight ( e.g. AirAsia) from Bkk to Phnom Penh. Then take a boat trip across lake Tonlesap to Seam Riep (very nice trip!). Visa on arrival possible. If you take an overnight at Phnom Penh, I suggest you visit the National Museum (next to the palace, has phantastic exhibits!).
Although visa on arrival is possible at all points, I suggest you arrange it beforehand. At Hualamphong station in Bkk and around there are a couple of travel agents who arrange your visa for very reasonable extra costs. This will save you consideable waiting time.
Answered by Aquamarine , Bangkok Metropolis, Thailand
you have one more way and it's very fast is taking a van at Victory Monument to the border, Arunyaprathet, Srakeaw bout 300 bht. then take a local bus or taxi.
Answered by Graham Bear MacMillan , Phuket, Thailand
Hello Martijn go with Wilfried's answer and I don't think you can go wrong.
Have a safe trip.
Answered by Jim Clarke , Bangkok Metropolis, Thailand
If cost is not too much of a concern, then definitely fly from Bangkok to Siem Reap. When we did it, (around 4 tears ago) the visa on arrival took no time at all. There were 4 of us and we were ushered to some comfortable seats by a friendly and efficient immigration worker who then collected our passports & was back in no time to return them complete with visa's inside. (SOOOOOO different, more efficient, and friendly than Thailand.). I can't remember the exact cost of the flight (with Bangkok air), but it couldn't have baan THAT much, or we wouldn't have done it.....wait..... OK, I just checked on their website & a return costs around 10,000 Bt. It's worth it for the convenience and the daytime view of the landscape from the air. Jim.
Answered by keith , Bangkok Noi, Thailand
fly or co to the boarder by bus and then either by bus or share a taxi with 3 others