- Type: Attractions
- Localyte author: Barcelona Free
- The monument to Columbus was built by the architect Gaietà Buigas and the sculptor Rafael Atché (1888). Are represented Native Americans and the people who helped Columbus in his plans to go to America. The passeig de Colom was opened in 1888 and follows the route of what once was the sea wall. The sea wall was built in the sixteenth century, following an attack by Algerian pirates that took many people kidnapped (1527).
- The description was provided by Barcelona Free
- Plaça del Portal de la Pau
- Barcelona, Cataluña
- No Sweat
- User Rating