Public Question Asked by NileGuide about Barcelona
my husband and I are coming to barcelona 10-29 through 11-6 we want to dance and listen to jazz any suggestions. 50ish but young at heart
The Best Answer
Answered by Marta Laurent , Barcelona, Spain
This is a list of my favorite Jazz Clubs:
* JazzSí Club - Taller de músics. This school for young professional musicians programs jazz and latin music concerts almost every night in their dusty dark bar: MON - Jazz Masters, TUE - Jam Session (Rock, Pop, Blues), WED - Hot Jazz, THU - Cuban, SAT - Jam Session (Jazz), SUN - Jam Session (Rock).
* JazzRoom - Cova del Drac. One of the most emblematic jazz clubs in town, meeting point for the local musicians.
* Jamboree. Another must for jazz lovers in Barcelona. Here performed Ella Fitzgerald, Lionel Hampton, Chat Baker and many more.
* Harlem Jazz Club. Latin jazz, rhythm & blues, swing…
* Bel-luna. Jazz concerts & dinner.
But you can't really dance there. What kind of dancing are you looking for? Clubbing, salsa, tango?
Check out for some more ideas in my website at:
And if you are looking for swing dancing, the local scene calendar is here:
http://bcnswing.org/ (but most of the swing dancers - lindyhoppers - are in their 20s and 30s.
Enjoy your trip!
Answered by Smednick , Barcelona, Spain
El Paraigua, right behind Plaza St. Jaume is a great little off the beaten path place with a jazz bar downstairs. You can't really dance, but it has a really cool scene and plays jazz or live music every weekend. http://www.elparaigua.com/