More Top 10s
- Hotels Near Houhai Bar and Restaurant Area
- Hotels Near Olympic Stadium
- Hotels Near San Li Tun Bar Street
- Hotels Near The Foribidden City (Palace Museum)
Public Question Asked by simon.monchatre about Beijing
hi. where would be the most romantic
place Beijing to propose to my
girlfriend. we are coming to Beijing
The Best Answer
Answered by Ambassador Concierge , Beijing, China
Beijing is (still) not considered a very romantic place, but there are some great options here. I should know, 'cause I proposed a few months ago, and I did A LOT of research before chosing a place.
Really depends what your fionce likes. Is she into old/traditional Beijing? (courtyard, temple, historic site?)
You will need a place with fewer people, and you need to consider the weather these days (we have snow!? today for example - 12 cm of it (5 inches).
Great things can be done, if you can afford it.
here is my top 4:
- Propose while enjoying private romantic dinner on Great Wall (Ambassador Concierge does this in cooperation with Commune by the great wall)
- Propose on a private boat ride on Kunming lake in Summer Palace (after park's closing hours, private boat, accompanied by proffessional guqin - zither player) Ambassador Concierge does this in cooperation with Aman Resort
- Propose in a private setting on the Great Wall, at sunset/sunrise (original, unrestored part of great wall, sleeping over on the wall, only available in summer)
- Propose during Exclusive VIP Dinner inside the forbidden city
--- All of the above are really great, however, it could get pricy... (but If money is not a problem...)
If you want to do it a little more simple, I'd reccomend the following places:
- Maison Boulud (talk to Ignace Lecleir, he can arrange a private room, and a special delivery of the ring :) Trust me, Ignace is the Man for this sorts of things, and the setting and food.. mmm... all perfect.
- on the terrace of M (overlooking the Tiananmen square), talk to Chris there, to arrange a bit more private atmosphere.
- if you don't mind a few people, go to China Grill on top of Park Hyatt (64th floor restaurant with (sometimes) awesome view. (Talk to Benny Zhao - Chief concierge in Park Hyatt, he can help)
if you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me.
Answered by Manuel Fries , Beijing, China
Try the Whispering Wall in the Temple of Heaven
Answered by Malaz , Beijing, China
Hi, hey man, you know it always depends on the kind of person your fiance is. If she likes animals, the Beijing Aquarium (not the Blue Zoo) is a fantastical and delightful place, if she likes history, I'd say the Great Wall...but it just got really cold here. If she likes food, take her to one of the more exotic restaurants, Arabian Nights or Taj (Indian), and if she's into spirituality, you can't beat YongHeGong (Lama Temple) or its next door neighbor, the Confucius Temple...the latter has these enormous old trees and both have beautiful buildings all of which are just right for saying "marry me" to that special someone. :)
Also, since you'll be here, I'd recommend grabbing some chyneez love-luck charms...you might believe in them, but they certainly can't hurt!
Answered by Anders Petrini , Shenzhen, China
The birds nest for nesting people.
The temple of heaven in early morning is a beautiful place.
Or why not set it up at Tian an men square and have a large flower arrangement and have some one take some nice pictures of it all.
Answered by Boao Inn Hainan , Bo'ao, China
Oh, I think an outdoor location will be too cold next month in Beijing. There are many cozy little spots north of the Forbidden City in the BeiHai Lake district
Answered by Yaoping , Wujiaochang, China
Shichahai, ie. "houhai" in BEIJING It's a wonderful romantic place .
Answered by Samantha Lee , Beijing, China
The river band of HouHai at night.