- Friedrichwerdersche Church was built in 1830 by Karl Friedrich Schinkel, the architect who provided Berlin with some of its greatest neo-classical buildings including the Schauspielhaus, Altes Museum and Neue Wache. The War left its inevitable mark on the building's exterior, which was renovated in the 1980s and finally reopened to the public in 1987 to coincide with Berlin's 750th anniversary. The church is a fitting home for the Schinkel Musuem. The upper gallery contains a photographic retrospective of Schinkel's work, the ground floor is decorated with statues by Schinkel, Schadow and other artists. Well worth a visit.
- © wcities.com 2013