(Am Treptower Park)
tel: +49 (0)30 25 0025 (Touristen Information)
Call for details
Treptower Park lines the banks of the river Spree to the south east of the city centre and was created by Johann Gustav Meyer in 1876. Nowadays the park offers a diverse selection of outdoor fun with BBQ boat rides, ping-pong tables and grassy river side sunbathing areas. Located in the former East German district of Treptow, a grand soviet memorial was erected in the park in 1947, dedicated to the 5000 soviet soldiers, killed in action, who are buried there. An abandoned fun park with a big wheel and miniature train set lies to the south of the park just past the Insel der Jugend, or island of youth, a popular place for outdoor summer parties and the Berliners favourite summer past time – grilling.