More than 50,000 hungry patrons descended on Midtown’s Technology Square for Taste of Atlanta on Oct. 23 and 24 to enjoy bites from some of the city’s best restaurants. Although the nearly 700 distinctive restaurants made it difficult for judges to choose the “Festival Bests,” winners were chosen in categories ranging from “Best Taste” and “Best Presentation” to “Best Dessert” and “Best Tent Decor.” Judges for the tasting category included Nico Romo, Master French Chef of Fish in Charleston, SC; Jennifer Zyman, creator of The Blissful Glutton; Holly Firfer, Emmy-nominated journalist and Kathleen McNeill from Yelp.com. Below are the judges selections.
People’s Choice Best Taste: Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q
- Best Taste voted by Judges – Minas Emporium, passion fruit mousse
- Best Presentation – JCT Kitchen, brioche doughnuts in a cone
- Best Dessert – Highland Bakery, red velvet pancakes
- Best Healthy Choice – Empire State South, collard greens
- Best Tent Décor – Tuk Tuk Thai Food Loft