This past weekend the Baltimore area was lucky enough to miss the winter storm that crippled parts of Virginia and New York. The memory of Snowmageddon is still very fresh in many locals’ minds. However, when the next storm comes this way and pounds the area with inches upon inches of the white stuff, why not make the best of the situation by hitting up local hills for free sledding?
Here’s a list of neighborhood hills for sledding or snow tubing. Note that some of the hills have addresses listed for them and others, well, you’ll just have to ask a local to point you in the right direction.
- Wyman Park Dell in Charles Village
- Patterson Park near the Pagoda – 2601 East Baltimore Street
- Federal Hill Park – opposite the Inner Harbor
- Suicide Hill – 4712 Club Road in Roland Park
- Leakin Park off Windsor Mill Road and Eagle Drive Past tennis courts near Crimea Mansion
- Oregon Ridge State Park – 13401 Beaver Dam Road
- Herring Run Park on Harford Rd and Argonne Drive
Travelers may also want to take note of this list just in case they are snowed in and want to make the best of the weather, the city, and their free time.