Dads sometimes feel slighted when it comes to their special day of the year. Having survived the barrage of emails, advertisements, radio announcements, store signs, tweets, and smoke signals for Mother’s Day, they can’t help but feel that there aren’t as many special things to do around town for Father’s Day as there are for Mother’s Day. No need for Dad to fret. A city like Baltimore has Dad’s back and hosts plenty of events to get into for the day.
Looking for last minute Father’s Day ideas for the dad in your life? Whether he wants to play pirate for a day with the kids, pay homage to the military, or commemorate freedom, Charm City has a variety of activities and restaurant specials in store for him to enjoy.
- The Avenue @ White Marsh’s Party on the Plaza – 7 to 9pm Friday and Saturday (thru Sept) FREE
- City Sand 2011 Inner Harbor
- Free ride for dad on Urban Pirates, Inner Harbor on Sunday
- Free ride for dad on Pirate Adventures, Annapolis on Sunday
- Juneteenth Celebration @ Ft. McHenry – Dad can commemorate the oldest celebration of freedom and the ending of slavery in the United States.
- Medieval Times for Dads is FREE (w/ purchase of adult ticket)
- FREE Cheesecake @ Cheesecake Factory Sundays – Thursdays until June 28th. For every $30 spent, dad can get a divine slice of his favorite cheesecake. You must print the certificate from their website.
- Father’s Day Lunch Cruise (NOT FREE) on Sunday at Black-Eyed Susan in Canton from 1pm-3:30pm: 2700 Lighthouse Point, East Suite 130