It’s only apropos that a city like Baltimore, rich with decadent and top-notched restaurants, would also have good dessert spots to complement the main meal. Unless, you’re like Ernestine Ulmer, who would suggest that you eat dessert first, this list of stand-alone desert shops offer some of the best follow-up treats to a Baltimore meal. You’re sweet tooth may be craving cupcakes, ice cream, chocolates, pastries or something in between. Whatever the craving, one of these popular spots may be the deliverance your appetite is looking for.
- Vaccaro’s Italian Pastry shop – This pastry shop offers some of the city’s most authentic and delicious Italian sweets and other varieties of Italian pastry.
- Cheesecake Factory – Really, where else can you go for over 25 varieties of cheesecake in Baltimore? The Cheesecake Factory offers basic cheesecake up to purely decadent creations.
- Taharka Brothers Ice Cream – For a cold end to your meal, Taharka Brothers in Mt. Washington offers the best homemade ice cream in Baltimore.
- Sweet Sin Bakery – Dessert lovers with gluten intolerances needn’t feel deprived. Sweet Sin Bakery offers a whole like of gluten free baked goods ranging from brownies to cakes and tarts.
- Midnite Confection’s Cupcakery – With signature creations such as their Eclipse cupcakes and Vanilla cupcakes, in addition to their “After Hours” line, Midnite Confection’s will satisfy your need for just a few bites of cake heaven.
- Rheb’s Homemade Candies – Rheb’s has been selling handmade chocolates in Baltimore since 1917 and is a tradition for many locals. They sell all sorts of dark chocolates, milk chocolates, and additional candy offerings like barks, bon-bons, and rolls.
Photo courtesy of Tina S., yelp.com.