Berlin comes alive when the sun goes down, and stays alive until it comes up! Get out and dance the night away.
1. SO 36 is an iconic punk club, where many Berlin punk bands got going and where great music is still played. On non-concert nights, there’s still a great dance scene.
2. Converted from an old brewery, Icon is now one of the city’s most respected clubs. Cover tends to be cheap, and the hippest DJs come through on weekends.
3. Visit Havanna for some Cuban flavor, where house and hip-hop play on the clubs four floors most nights but salsa and merengue take over a few nights per week. Bring your dancing shoes and learn a few moves if Latin isn’t your usual style.
4. Known as a “beach bar” along the Spree, Bar 25 has a hip dance floor but also has swings and a fire pit by the river to relax on when you need a breather. Great tunes and a laidback atmosphere combine for a great atmosphere on the water.
5. Variety’s the name of the game at Knaack, where the different floors host karaoke, live rock shows, DJs spinning house and hip-hop, and pool tables. Fun for everyone.
6. To groove to the classics, visit the Bassy Cowboy Club, where the vibe is laidback and the music’s from the ’60s and ’70s.
7. Soul, indie, punk, alternative, house, rock — what isn’t on the playlist at Lido? This small and stylish club is one of Berlin’s hottest.
8. For an upscale night in a hip and elegant club, strap on your heels and head to Bohannon.
9. Why is the huge establishment that is Berghain so hard to get into? Because it’s considered one of the best techno clubs in the world, that’s why. You’ll most likely wait in line, but it’ll most likely be worth it!
10. With the best of the latest tunes but without the pretension of the larger and more famous Berlin clubs, Roter Salon der Volksbuhne is eclectic and a total blast.
[photo courtesy of libertinus]