Boston has one happening restaurant scene, but when it comes to romance, these five fabulous finds wine and dine just right.
1. Marco– Hidden on the upper level of a Hanover Street building in the North End, Marco welcomes guests into its midst with a gorgeous fireplace setting the mood upon entry. The candlelit tables add to the ambiance, and the interior decor (think hardwood floors, and exposed brick walls) complete the romantic picture. Guests dine on Roman delights and are provided top notch service without ever feeling rushed.
2. Tangierino-Set on Charlestown’s Main Street, Tangierino’s entry does not give the impression that inside awaits one of the most beautiful restaurants in all of Boston. Rich jewel tones adorn private nooks that are then draped in semi-sheer curtains. Belly dancers dazzle while you await the remarkable Moroccan fare that is served here.
3. Top of the Hub– Perched atop the Prudential, Top of the Hub provides diners with one of the best views in all of Boston. Diners can even end their night on the dance floor while enjoying the live music in the lounge. Dinner and dancing may be dated but it still provides a precursor to romance.
4. Mamma Maria– North End mainstay, Mamma Maria is known to be a romantic go to among Boston locals. Starting with the walk along the cobblestone streets, your entry into Mamma Maria has you longing for love. The interior is decorated with crisp linens and the knowledgable waitstaff do not rush diners.
5. The Wine Cellar– This cozy, mural-filled Back Bay basement space provides diners the chance to “dip into” their dinner. Specializing in fondue, they offer more than thirty options. The small setting combined with the intimate sharing of sweet and savory sensations, and an extensive wine list create an atmosphere that exudes romance.