- Dance party at Hotel Boulderado: Enjoy dancing to two live bands as well as access to Q’s Restaurant, The Corner Bar, and Catacomb’s Bar. Dressed in Black will be playing on the Mezzanine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and Funkiphino will be playing in the Events Center of the North Wing from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Starting at 8 p.m. there will be a cover charge of $40.
- Sambadende, a Brazilian roots band, will be playing in the ballroom of the St. Julien Hotel from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tickets are $30 and are available online or via phone through the Boulder Theater: 303-786-7030. (This event sold out last year, so get your tickets early.)
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art: Dance, eat, and drink 2010 away and countdown to 2011 with an Art Drop performance. A champagne toast is included with a cash bar available. The event is from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. and costs $20 in advance ($30 at the door). Purchase tickets online or call 303-443-2122 during museum hours.
- Friday Night Fever at Bácaro: Starting at 9 p.m. there will be a $10 cover charge (which includes a midnight champagne toast) for those wishing to celebrate and dance the night away with “disco-tech” music.
- The Kitchen Upstairs: $20 cover charge at the door beginning at 8 p.m., which includes a champagne toast at midnight. At 10 p.m., DJ Jahsonic will start spinning the beats to bring in the New Year.
- Après-ski party at The West End: Spend New Year’s Eve fireside with drink specials, hot toddy specials, hot drink flights, and a champagne slushi toast at midnight.
- Crystal Castles at the Boulder Theater: Low-res electronic noise mixed with pop, with openers Chain Gang of 1974 and Pictureplane, with a post-show DJ set by Robotic Pirate Monkey.
Events, Nightlife, Travel Tips — By Jess Steinitz on December 31, 2010 at 12:33 am