Inside Cancun's newest nightclub, Mandala | Photo courtesy of Mandala Cancun
- Round 1 of the Mayakoba Golf Classic has been completed and there is a 4-way tie for first place. Americans, Andres Gonzales, David Toms, and Kyle Stanley & Australian, Mark Hensby, all tied for first after finishing the round at 5 under par. The tournament has 3 more rounds to go, before a winner is crowned. The final round will be held on Sunday, February 27th. The Mayakoba Golf Classic is the only PGA event held in Mexico.
- Cancun International Airport was, once again, named the Best Airport in Latin America, by Airports Council International (AIC). The airport also won the honor in 2010.
- R & B sensations, Nelly and Kelly Rowland, have been heating things up in Cancun, while filming Nelly’s video for “Gone”. The sexy couple shot some scenes on the beach, by the pool, and even in the pool. This video is going to be hot, hot, hot!
- Earlier this week, Cancun’s newest nightclub, Mandala, opened. The small club (by Cancun’s standards, that is) only holds up to 800 patrons and is located in front of The City nightclub, which, by comparison, holds over 5,000 people. The new hot spot has Indian-inspired decor and the soft lighting make it a very sensual and sexy setting. This is going to be the place to see and be seen, in Cancun.
- Spring Break 2011 is in full swing, but the next 2 weeks will be the busiest weeks. Last weekend, DJ Sid Vicious kicked things off at The City nightclub and performances by LMFAO (also at The City), and DJ Joe Ghost, at Sweet, have kept things going this week. In the past, performances by major recording artists have been the main attraction during Spring Break, but this seems to be the year of the DJ. DJ Arabika will perform at Bulldog Cafe on February 26th. Mike Toast will be at Sweet on February 27th, and DJ Cobra will be at Dady’O on February 28th. And, for all of you Jersey Shore fans, The Situation will be appearing at The City on February 25th.