You’ve found the girl of your dreams, bought the ring, and decided to propose in Cancun, but you don’t where, in Cancun, you should pop the question. Not to worry. We’ve got five great suggestions for you.
1. Playa Delfines (at the overlook, or on the beach): This large public beach has a spectacular view from the overlook, at street level, as well as lots of little nooks and crannies where you can find a little privacy to propose.
2. Casitas Restaurant: Located inside The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, you have the option of dining at a table by the pool that overlooks the beach, or reserving a private casita on the beach. A private casita is the perfect venue for a proposal. Not only is it wildly romantic and incredibly luxurious, but the staff will bring over lounge chairs so you can relax on the beach and gaze at the stars, after your meal.
3. Over-the-Water Table at a Romantic Restaurant: Call ahead to reserve a private, over-the-water table at either JC Capitan or Thai and you are guaranteed to have a romantic evening, suitable for proposing to your sweetheart.
4. Private Yacht: Rent a private yacht and propose out on the open water as the sun is setting. YachtCancun.com rents boats, catamarans, and an 85′ luxury yacht. Rates start at $200 USD (with a minimum rental of 4 hours), for a 26′ boat, and include domestic open bar, dry snacks, fuel, and crew. The 85′ luxury yacht is not available by the hour, but you can rent it by the day, however, the hefty rental fee for the 85′ yacht does not include the cost of fuel.
5. Take a Walk on the Beach: Cancun’s glorious white-sand beaches are an incredible setting for a romantic proposal. Take a walk on the beach and pop the question during your stroll along the shore.