It’s that time of year again, believe it or not! It’s time for some American pride and fireworks. Hopefully, you have the weekend off to enjoy this fun holiday in Chicago. If you live in Chicago or are just planning to visit, you must plan where you will be for the fireworks display. For the second year in a row, Chicago will be launching three separate, but coordinated fireworks displays from Navy Pier, a north side location, and a south side location. Here are some guidelines to make your Chicago 4th of July fun and easy:
- Avoid Grant Park! It will be extremely busy with Taste of Chicago, and attracts thousands of people every year, with many reports of violence.
- If you have to go to Grant Park get there very early in the day to claim a spot.
- If you are choosing to see the fireworks at Navy Pier, get a ticket to Cirque Shanghai Extreme earlier in the day, and hang out on the pier with the whole family!
- If you are viewing the fireworks from the North or South side, avoid driving and public transportation. Walk or bike, if possible, to avoid long waits.
- Make a new friend who owns a boat or lives in a downtown condo on the lake. These will have the best vantage points in the city!
Featured Image: indiechick7/flickr