Although gorging on cookies and eggnog could be considered a family-friendly holiday activity, here are some others that will get you out of the house to enjoy the holiday cheer:
1. The Nutcracker Ballet: A holiday classic featuring unforgettable characters and dazzling costumes and scenery. Playing Nov. 27 – Dec. 26.
2. A Christmas Carol Musical: Enjoy this holiday tradition at the Denver Center for Performing Arts. With original songs, enchanting sets and opulent costumes, this production of A Christmas Carol will help you rediscover the true meaning of Christmas. Playing Nov. 26 – Dec. 24.
3. Santa on the Square: Jolly Old St. Nick will be visiting the square every weekend until Christmas Eve. Free admission and no charge for photos with your own camera.
4. 23rd Annual Holiday Art Exhibit: A great way to start or finish your holiday shopping, they have a wide variety of original artwork, including ceramics, paintings, photography, and jewelry. Enjoy a tour of the Gallery and visit with artists working in numerous onsite studios. On display from Dec. 3 – Dec. 31.
5. Blossoms of Light: Embrace the holiday season with over one million colorful lights draped in elegant designs that highlight the Denver Botanic Gardens’ winter beauty. At the Denver Botanic Gardens on York Street from Dec. 3 – Jan. 2.
6. Zoo Lights: Experience a holiday light safari at the Denver Zoo with 38 illuminated acres of lights, featuring more than 150 animated animal sculptures that swing through trees, jump across lawns, hide in bushes, and appear in places where they’re least expected. Open Dec. 10 – Jan. 2.