Live music is something Idahoans love, and you can find it almost anywhere, so it’s hard to pick the best. This is just a sampling of some really great live music venues:
- Morrison Center for the Arts on the campus of Boise State University. The variety of music you can hear at this large performance hall is stunning. It’s home to the Boise Philharmonic Orchestra, touring Broadway musicals, and numerous concerts going on continuously.
- For other big-name performers, the Idaho Center in Nampa and the Taco Bell Arena in Boise both host a number of live shows, such as Katy Perry, Miranda Lambert, Elton John, and the Rolling Stones. Something for everyone.
- Sun Valley has one of the most scenic live music venues with their outdoor amphitheater, the Sun Valley Pavillion.
- During the warm weather months, Boise comes Alive After Five at the Grove Plaza every Wednesday with live bands.
- Idaho Botanical Garden hosts a live music series on Thursdays during the summer.
- Another summer venue is the weekend of the Boise Music Festival—our answer to Woodstock.
- For indoor venues, the Knitting Factory brings everything from indie rock bands to easy listening acoustic stuff.
- If it’s jazz you like, Chandlers Steakhouse has regular jazz groups. So does Ste. Chapelle Winery in the summer.
- Any home game on the blue turf at Boise State will get you a seat for the halftime show by the Blue Thunder Marching Band.