Narrowing down what to see and do in Las Vegas can be tough, but these ten places should be on your must-see list. From architectural wonders to spectacular light shows, these are sights you won’t want to miss.
1. Hoover Dam straddles the Nevada-Arizona border. It’s one of America’s most historical structures and remains one of the country’s largest dams.
2. The Bellagio Fountains are one of Las Vegas’ most well-known sights. You can watch the dancing waters from 3 p.m. to midnight.
3. The TI Pirate Show recently got a make-over to incorporate sexy Sirens. Now the show includes lots of Vegas-style dance numbers in addition to cannon battles and a sinking ship.
4. The Mirage’s Volcano was the first curb-side show in Las Vegas, back before pirates and dancing water. Eruptions occur every fifteen minutes from sundown until midnight.
5. The Venetian‘s gondolas, Renaissance reproduction art work, and roaming entertainers make most visitors stop and gawk. Be sure to bring your camera.
6. The Fremont Street Experience is Downtown Las Vegas’ signature attraction. Every hour, the casinos turn off their neon lights, and the overhead canopy explodes with images and music.
7. The Stratosphere Tower is one of the United State’s tallest buildings. Check out the view, or try a scream-inducing ride.
8. Paris comes to Las Vegas with a half-sized Eiffel Tower. You’ll have a great view of the Bellagio’s Fountains from the top.
9. The five-star Wynn took the place of a classic Las Vegas hotel, the Desert Inn, and ushered in a new level of plush.
10. Aria, Las Vegas’ newest hotel casino, is yet another departure for Las Vegas with its sleek, urban design. It also includes a new feature for Las Vegas casinos–windows.
Photos by jimg944 / Jim G at Flickr