Much like St. Patrick’s Day has grown into a festival that celebrates Irish heritage, Cinco de Mayo represents a day to do the same for Mexican heritage. And in Las Vegas, a celebration of any kind deserves copious amount of liquor, food, and entertainment:
- Rocker Sammy Hagar’s Cabo Wabo Cantina, located in a great people-watching spot that’s Strip-side in front of Planet Hollywood’s Miracle Mile Shops, will offer food and drink specials.
- Tacos & Tequila at the Luxor (a.k.a. T&T) will have a “CHiPs and Salsa” party with Eric Estrada. The $5 shots of tequila may help out revelers who enter the limbo contest (or may guarantee that they’ll need help up from the floor).
- Dos Caminos at the Palazzo will start the party at lunch. If it’s noon in Las Vegas, it must be 5 p.m. somewhere.
- Mandalay Bay has two spots for Cinco de Mayo: the Border Grill, which will have food and drinks overlooking the pool area; and Hussong’s Cantina, which is having a “Most Interesting Man in the World” contest.
- Diablo’s Cantina in front of the Monte Carlo will have music and drink specials.