Sunday, June 19, is Father’s Day — and if you’re in Las Vegas, you’ll find plenty of dad-friendly things to do. Sports lovers can enjoy some time at a sports book, or single dads may want to check out a gentlemen’s club. For a more conventional Father’s Day, you may want to take Dad to a Vegas restaurant — you’ll find every kind of cuisine on the Strip, and the majority will have Father’s Day specials. You could also take your dad to:
- Lagasse’s Stadium. This restaurant at the Palazzo combines Emeril Lagasse’s food with an ultra-sports bar atmosphere. While they do take walk-ins, reservations are a good idea. All diners must be over 21.
- Play a round of golf. Las Vegas has a great selection of golf courses, and the earlier in the day you can get a tee time, the better — we’re in the triple-digit temperatures now.
- Drink a Waborita at Cabo Wabo. Their patio is right on the Strip, next to the Planet Hollywood’s Miracle Mile Shops, making it a great place to do some people watching — and Waboritas are free for dads on Father’s Day.
- Hit up Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club at the Tropicana. “Everybody Loves Raymond” fans know the actor as Raymond’s brother, but Garrett’s been a noted stand-up comedian for years. Now he has his own club at the remodeled Tropicana.
- Smoke cigars and have a Bloody Mary at LaHavana Cigar Bar at Lake Las Vegas. If your dad enjoys taking a Sunday drive, head out of town to Lake Las Vegas to enjoy a peaceful afternoon on a private lake — with a stogie and drink.
Photo courtesy of Dan Perry