Every city has certain romantic, couple-friendly places and things to do: Lima is not the exception. So if you are in Lima and planning a romantic date, here’s a few suggestions.
DINING: Peru’s great cuisine is a good excuse for going out!
- Is there any one who cannot enjoy a romantic dinner by the sea? La Rosa Náutica is a luxury restaurant that will offer romance, elegance and of couse, good food… and excellent drinks. And if you happen to be in Lima in summer, try to book a table at sunset time. Prices per dish range between US $18 and US $28.
- Another place, classy but much more casual, is Mangos, a spot located in Larcomar Shopping Center, with a small terrace that offers a privileged view of the Pacific Ocean and the Costa Verde Beaches Circuit. You may want to just have drink and some snacks before heading somewhere else, or to enjoy a complete meal.
- A very original option would be Huaca Pucllana Restaurant. This is a very nice and classy place that combines good cuisine, superb service and the astounding panoramic view of a very important archaeological complex.
- For budget-friendly options (you may need to save some money for a huge red roses bouquet!) try La 73, an informal, relaxed and casual place with great, innovative Peruvian fusion food; or if you are more into grilled meals, try Pardo’s Chicken, where you can find the delicious Peruvian roasted chicken, plus many BBQ options and also very good drinks.
GOING OUT: Yes, you want a romantic outing but why would your date and you miss the chance of getting to know the city while discovering each other?
- Take a stroll. If you can stand the traffic noise, probably Barranco and Miraflores will offer nice spots for a good walk. Start at Parque del Amor, and continue walking by the marina until Larcomar Shopping Center. From here you will not only have an amazing view of the beaches, but also two options; either continue walking by the sea until Barranco, to enjoy the Puente de los Suspiros; or, instead, take a turn to the left and walk along Larco Avenue until Miraflores Central Park. You will find plenty of cafeterias, bars and restaurants to choose from when you finally feel like sitting down and relax.
- Go green. That is, go for a walk at a nice park. Two recommendable ones are the Parque Central de Miraflores (Miraflores Central Park), El Olivar, in San Isidro, or the Gran Parque de Lima. If you feel more adventurous, or if you are more of the sport type, you may want to see the Magic Water Circuit, or even to plan an excursion outside Lima, to the countryside nearby. If, organize a full-day or weekend excursion to Canta or Chosica.
- Urban fun. A nice bar can be a good place for starting an interesting conversation. Places like Bartini, Huaringas, Capitán Meléndez or Mayta, for example.
FINDING GIFTS: It is likely that you will find anything you might need (flowers, teddy bears, chocolates, etc) at any big local top-class supermarket, like Wong or Vivanda. But if you are looking for a real classy gift, you may want to visit any of Ilaria‘s jewellery shops.
Have a great date!