Most things at Walt Disney World will just plain wear you out, but here’s one thing, just outside of the park, that won’t: the Port Orleans Riverside Resort offers the perfect way to end the day with a 30-minute, horse-drawn carriage ride through the property.
Hop aboard the old-fashioned, horse-drawn carriage and ride along the bank of the Sassagoula River where you will spot picture-perfect row-houses and cobblestone streets reminiscent of New Orleans’s French Quarter. Nearby, the bayou and Cajun traditions of the lower Mississippi River are showcased with grand manors and rustic, bayou dwellings.
Since the Port Orleans Resort is one of Disney’s largest resort properties, the horse-drawn carriage is a great way to take in the sights without wearing out your feet.
If you go:
- It costs $45.00 for 25 minutes (includes tax)
- Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
- Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge only. No credit cards are accepted.
- A large carriage holds four adults or two adults and three small children.
- Reservations can be made nightly (weather permitting) by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
- Service begins at 6p.m. with the last ride departing at 9:30 p.m.
- Carriages depart from in front of the Boatwright’s Dining Hall
- Beverages are permitted
The Port Orleans Riverside Resort
1251 Riverside Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Photo courtesy of Walt Disney World Resort