So… you think you know what guilty food tastes like? Just you wait. Portlanders are as serious about their food as they come, and there are some truly scrumptious indulgences waiting for you here in Portland!
- First, take a quick trip to Voodoo Donuts. On your first visit, try a “Dirt” donut. Now, this isn’t as gross as it sounds. Picture this; a gorgeous donut covered with vanilla glaze frosting and crushed Oreo cookies. Voodoo Donuts is constantly coming up with new ideas, so don’t be surprised if you want to eat more than one!
- Stop by Bread & Ink Café and visit their Waffle Window! The only thing that’s better than sitting down and eating a waffle is walking up to a takeout window and ordering a fresh waffle! Order it with bacon plopped in the middle and you’re truly in for a great morning.
- Head over to Screen Door for biscuits and gravy. If you’re really in the mood for a meal, you can sit down and eat a whole brunch. But if you’re just looking for a quick fix, the biscuits and gravy at Screen Door are something akin to a miracle.
- Around 5pm, stop by Savoy Tavern & Bistro for a delicious happy hour cocktail. With a stellar cocktail list and a great happy hour deal, you may be tempted to set up camp here for the remainder of the evening.
- Hot Lips Pizza…. one of the best pizza joints in Portland. In the mood for some greasy and delicious New York style pizza? Hot Lips Pizza can’t be beat.
- In the mood for something cold, sweet, and creamy after a long day of shopping in Nob Hill? Take a trip to Cool Moon Creamery and taste down-home Portland ice cream. Made from all local products and simply swimming in deliciousness, you won’t be able to resist a double scoop. Don’t miss the Buttermilk Marionberry Swirl, made from Portland’s own famous fruit; the Marionberry.
- Since you’re already in Nob Hill, you might as well sample the cupcakes while you’re here. Really, what’s a good day without a cupcake? Stop by Saint Cupcake and indulge your every sugary wish; starting with the Fat Elvis. The Fat Elvis, a local Portland favorite, is a banana cupcake smothered in peanut butter fudge. Try not to get hungry just thinking about it.
- Sugar isn’t for everyone. Sometimes, we like our indulgences to be a bit salty. If this is you, head to Otto’s Sausage Kitchen for amazing hot dogs, sausages, and every other salty pork product you can think of. Otto’s cooks their ‘dogs outside on the sidewalk, and for only $3 a pop you’re sure to leave here satiated!
- In the mood for beer? Check out Hopworks Urban Brewery. Serving a fine array of local and organic beer, Hopworks is indulgent and delicious. Just because it’s indulgent doesn’t mean it can’t be organic!
- Are you still hungry?? If you are, head over to Stepping Stone Café. If you haven’t been watching Man Vs. Food, you may not know what all the fuss is about at the Stepping Stone Café. Let me tell you; a 13 inch stack of pancakes called the “Mancake”. Just TRY and eat the whole thing.
* Local Expert Tip: Don’t eat all of these in one day!