So what to do when the average temperate is expected to be around 70 and it’s spring break for college students? Check out new restaurants and activities that are happening this weekend – the first of Spring!
1. Mission Beach Boardwalk – look out for “PB Celebs” like Slow-Mo (a man who Rollerblades around the boardwalk at the speed of a sloth – when you see him, you’ll know); this weekend raft-a-palooza is happening down at Mission Bay’s waters, so buy a floating device and enjoy bending the rules of drinking restrictions on the bay (as long as you don’t touch the sandy floor while floating, you can drink)
2. Consume the best breakfast in town, at Hash House a Go-Go in Hillcrest, where you’ll fill up on plate size portions of pancakes, biscuits & meat. The meal will fill you up all day, and probably leave you with some leftovers for later in the evening!
3. Avoid the crowds in Pacific Beach at night, where mounds of college students hoard, and find a spot in downtown’s Gaslamp district where you’ll enjoy the ocean breeze and a cool drink; check out any of the area’s rooftop bars, like Altitude Skybar, that let you enjoy the San Diego breeze & weather while enjoying the landscape
4. If you want to dress to impress while enjoying the summer weather, this weekend at San Diego Hilton Bayfront “A Splash of Fashion” fundraising event is happening Saturday, March 20th. The event includes a luncheon, boutique and theatrical fashion show with stores from Fashion Valley. It’s $80 to attend and starts at 10am.
5. After looking fabulous, eating well and relaxing on the beach or at the bar, what else is there to do during this first sweet weekend of spring? Work off that huge brunch and downtown drinks with a hike through Torrey Pines State Reserve, where you not only get a great workout but get a great view, as it takes you down to the beach