Tokyo’s local media offer a plethora of English-language information on upcoming events, local news, and insider tips.
- Metropolis: Tokyo’s main English outlet for everything hot, hip, and hilarious. Sometimes irreverent, but always relevant, it should be a first-reference for dining, drinking, and hob-nobbing.
- NHK: Japan’s publicly funded, government-run news and media outlet. Think BBC or PBS. Lots of domestic and international news, plus in-depth features.
- Japan Times: The most widely read English newspaper in Japan.
- GaijinPot: A first-stop for foreigners living in Japan. Job listings, living advice columns, and forum postings from the front lines.
- Japan-Guide: Excellent travel advice and authoritative facts on destinations throughout Japan.