- From 1805 the Conservatory took place in the 14th-century former Augustinian convent which faces onto Piazza Rossini 2. Inside, a magnificent stairway built by Alfonso Torreggiani in 1752 leads to the upper floors where around 300 portraits of famous musicians are exhibited. The paintings of the Quadreris were collected by G. B. Martini, who was enamored of music and had the portraits sent to him by the artists. Many of these works adorn the Sala Bossi, famous for its classical concerts and magnificent organ. Well known musicians such as Rossini, Donizzeti and Martucci used to teach in the Conservatory.
- © wcities.com 2013
Ask a local about Conservatorio di Musica G. B. MartiniLocals have answered 9 questions about Bologna.
Ask Bologna Locals about Conservatorio di Musica G. B. Martini