- Type: Picnics, Parks & Gardens
NileGuide Expert tip:
Check out the frog pond
- One of the Nation's oldest public parks, Boston Common, encompasses nearly 50 acres and was once used as pasture land by Puritan settlers. Also former military grounds, The Boston Common played an important role in shaping America. Today, the park is a popular destination for recreational athletics, joggers, and families. The Frog Pond is a year round favorite; functioning as a wading pool in the summer and a skating rink in the winter, it transforms for use throughout the seasons.
-Jessica Polizzotti, Boston Local Expert
148 Tremont St., tel. 888-733-2678
- © wcities.com 2013
- visit website
- tel: 888-733-2678 (Tourist Information)
- fax: +1 617 424 7664 (Tourist Information)
- 148 Tremont St.
- Between Beacon, Park, Tremont, Boylston, and Charles Sts
- Boston, MA 2203
- Mon-Sat 8:30am-5pm; Sun 9am-5pm
- No Sweat