Roosevelt Square 9
1051 Budapest, Hungary
District V Belváros-Lipótváros - Pest side
tel: +36 1 411 61 00
This architectural masterpiece designed by Friedrich August, built between 1862-4 in Neo-Renaissance style, is without a doubt one of Budapest's most renowned landmarks. The Hungarians are very thankful to Count Széchényi for the building, as it was he who donated one year's income of his estate for the establishment of the Academy.