Discover the friendly and fascinating city of Buenos Aires on foot. This 2 mile (3.2km) morning walking tour of the Retiro and Recoleta neighborhood is a pleasant way to experience the unique culture of Buenos Aires, its history, customs, buildings and monuments. An educational and fun way to explore Argentina's capital city!
The walking tour covers over 25 "must see" attractions including:
- Florida St. and Early History of BA
- Corrientes Av. and its Obelisk (explained)
- Ana Diaz' place (first woman settler in 1582)
- Mariquita Sanchez' house: short history of Argentina
- Av de Mayo: Café Tortoni & the story of Tango
- Plaza de Mayo (Evita, Mothers, Falklands & crowds)
- Casa Rosada (Govt. House. The Peron's balconies)
- Cathedral & Gral. San Martin's mausoleum & story
- Manzana de las Luces (Enlightment Square)
- San Ignacio, Francisco & Domingo (colonial churches)
- 1806' British presence: wit, romance & canon-balls
- World famous San Telmo Qt.. Evita's headquarters
- San Telmo Market. Visits inside colonial houses
- Modern Art Museum (ex Onassis' cigarette factory)
- Lezama Park: BA's foundation, settlers & cannibals
- ...and lots of local stories, curious facts & peculiarities!
Listen as your knowledgeable guide informs you about the local history, architecture, traditions, habits and unique features you might never have discovered otherwise. This is a fun, easy going tour where you will be taken "off the beaten track". Complimentary coffee is included.
- © Viator2013
Ask a local about Best of Buenos Aires Walking TourLocals have answered 82 questions about Buenos Aires.
Ask Buenos Aires Locals about Best of Buenos Aires Walking Tour