Public Question Asked by NileGuide about Cabo San Lucas
Hey we will be down there for the first time in a couple of weeks and want to know the best restauants in San Jose del Cabo. Thx!
The Best Answer
Answered by Ackthpt , Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Hi! I have some great ideas for you, and a couple insider picks :)
1. Shooters - good for standard pub-fare + full Mexican menu, and watching sports! Great location, right downtown San Jose del Cabo on the rooftop with a nice view of the Central town square. Drink specials every day, they are known as the "home of the 10 peso beer". Very reasonable prices.
2. Taos - cool little place in downtown San Jose, next to the infamous Corner Bar (which I believe is currently close). GREAT burgers and fries, onion rings, and some other great tasty dishes. Reasonable prices.
3. Local Eight - just outside of downtown San Jose del Cabo close to the beach side resorts. More elegant, fine dining establishment, most people really enjoy it there. Prices reasonable to expensive. http://www.localeight.com/
4. Tropicana - right downtown San Jose del Cabo, seating outside on the covered terrace. Prices a bit steep, food OK.
5. Baan Thai (think it's still there) - great Thai food, located in the Art district of San Jose del Cabo (downtown).
6. Baja Brewing Company - Offering international pub fare with a strong local influence. Cool place, reasonable prices.
7. El Fogon, Taqueria - has a big variety of tacos and quesadillas with some other Mexican specialties, Pastor style tacos are super yummy good. A very local Mexican experience. Spanish speaking skills probably necessary.
8. Havana Supper Club - changed ownership recently; I think pretty much the same thing is going on up there: restaurant bar, international cuisine, and most importantly, live music - usually jazz.
9. Zipper’s Bar and Grill - Beachfront dining on Costa Azul Beach; this place is more about the location and ambience than the food, in my opinion. Mesquite grilled steaks, ribs, seafood, sandwiches, burgers, sports bar and live music on weekends. Food average, prices reasonable. If you're lucky, you can meet Big Tony, the owner.
Hope that helps, cheers :)
Answered by Joni Ross , Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Hola! There are several...are you staying in San Jose?
Don Sanchez (casual)
These are some of my favorites. Contact me at my email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on activities, and tips on discounts for tours and activities without having to sit thru a timeshare presentation! Saludos! Joni