- Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
NileGuide Expert Says:
Some of Cairo's best (and most expensive) Thai food, enhanced by very showy presentation.
- Relaxed yet elegant, the decor here is an eclectic Asian mix but the menu is predominantly Thai. True to its name, caged birds fill the air with their song, while traditional Chinese tunes play in the background. Waiters in kimonos offer prompt and courteous service amidst a jewelbox of Asian decor. Start the evening with shrimp spring rolls or chicken satay with a crunchy peanut sauce. The tom yum plaa (hot and sour fish and lemongrass soup) is also excellent. Rich and spicy entrees offer a delectable taste of fine Far Eastern cuisine. However, you must save room for the kloy tod (fried banana with vanilla ice cream). This restaurant serves alcohol.
- © wcities.com 2013
- Recommended Restaurant 2008
- tel: +20 (0)2 27957171
- Semiramis Inter-Continental Hotel
- Corniche el-Nil Street 11511
- User Rating