- Type: Kid Friendly ,Business Travel ,Hip
NileGuide Expert tip:
Cannes film festival was first held in 1939. Since then it has become the biggest event of its kind in the world, attracting all the biggest A-list stars.
- The hotel is located in the coveted center of La Croisette on the waterfront in the heart of Cannes. Palais Stephanie also sits on the original Palais des Congrès, where the first Cannes Film Festivals were held until the new Palais des Festivals was inaugurated in 1983. The hotel is conveniently within walking distance of the old city, Palais des Festivals and the old port and is approximately 18 miles (30 minutes by car) from the Nice International Airport with access to taxis and shuttle service. Guests are also less than a mile from the Cannes TGV train station for convenient travel within Cannes and other destinations.
Hotel Features. A modern hotel completed in 1992, the Hotel Palais Stephanie has a rooftop swimming pool, heated spa tub, and a terrace with panoramic views of the sea and marina. Health and relaxation facilities on the 1st floor. The in-house casino offers 150 slot machines and 19 gaming tables. Further amenities include limited-hours room service, and public wireless Internet. Motorists will find secure valet-parking services offered on arrival (surcharge).
La Scena Lounge Bar and Restaurant is the hotel's main dining option and is the place to see and be seen in Cannes. Stylish patrons lounge on earth toned wicker chairs under the shade of canvassed umbrellas overlooking dazzling sea views. The eclectic menu serves a selection of specialties from Italy, Japan and France giving La Scena an international appeal.
Hours of Operation: Breakfast 7am - 11:30am; Lunch 12pm - 3pm; Snack 3pm - 7pm; Dinner 7pm - 11pm Bar open all day from 11 am until 2am
Le Panorama Bar: This rooftop bar serves refreshing cocktails and a healthy organic selection of salads, sandwiches, paninis and pastries. The bar also has expansive terraces with stunning views of the Bay of Cannes, Lerins Islands and the Esterel Mountains. Open in season only. Swimming pool: The lively rooftop scene offers a refurbished heated swimming pool and Jacuzzis adjacent to the Panorama bar.
• The pool is open year round from 7:00am to 11:00pm
• Upon request the hotel provides sun beds, private cloakrooms and showers
Guestrooms: The bright and spacious 261 rooms and suites have been completely gutted and redone, now feature richly stitched leather accents, upholstered walls in sophisticated shades of chocolate,and dramatic black and white portraits of iconic film stars. Rooms have also been upgraded with flat screen TVs, high-speed Internet access, mini bars, bathrooms with shower and bathtub, office area, king-size beds (twins available upon request) and some have private terraces. For business travelers, Palais Stephanie offers the 820-seat auditorium, suitable for any type of professional gathering or high-profile film screening. In addition, the hotel offers 16 meeting rooms with 12,900 square-feet of flexible space. The hotel's team of professionals anticipates the smallest of details to assure that every event is exceptional in one of the world's most illustrious settings.
- Recommended 2010
- visit website
- tel: +33 4 92 99 70 00
- fax: +33 4 92 99 70 11
- send email
- 50 Boulevard de La Croisette, BP 224
- Cannes, PR 06414
Hotel star rating: