Located in Cape Town, Upper East Side Hotel is near the airport and close to Groote Schuur Hospital, Good Hope Centre, and Cape Town City Hall. Additional points of interest include Cape Town International Convention Centre and Victoria and Alfred Waterfront.
Upper East Side Hotel's restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The hotel also has a coffee shop/café and a grocery/convenience store. A bar/lounge is open for drinks. Room service is available during limited hours. The hotel serves English breakfasts (surcharges apply). Recreational amenities include an indoor pool and a fitness facility. Spa amenities include spa services, massage/treatment rooms, facials, and a hair salon. This 3.5-star property has a 24-hour business center and offers a meeting/conference room, secretarial services, and technology support staff. Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas and the hotel has an Internet point. This Cape Town property has 2 square meters of event space consisting of a conference center, banquet facilities, and exhibit space. For a surcharge, shuttle services include a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request), a beach shuttle, a theme park shuttle, and a cruise ship terminal shuttle. Business services, concierge services, tour/ticket assistance, and tour assistance are available. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Other property amenities at this Art Deco property include a library, multilingual staff, and laundry facilities. The property has designated areas for smoking. A total renovation of this property was completed in June 2010.
183 air-conditioned guestrooms at Upper East Side Hotel feature laptop-compatible safes and coffee/tea makers. Accommodations offer city, ocean, or mountain views. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses, down comforters, down blankets, and premium bedding. Bathrooms feature showers with handheld showerheads. They also offer makeup/shaving mirrors, designer toiletries, and hair dryers. Partially open bathrooms are available in select guestrooms. Wired high-speed and wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to desks and complimentary newspapers, guestrooms offer phones with voice mail. 42-inch LCD televisions have premium satellite channels. Rooms also include complimentary bottled water, safes, and blackout drapes/curtains. Guests may request in-room massages, irons/ironing boards, and wake-up calls. Housekeeping is available daily.
Notifications and Fees:
- This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- All guests staying in hotel guestrooms must be registered with the hotel.
- Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
- Shuttle transfer per adult: ZAR 80.00 (one way)
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: ZAR 40 per day
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 280 per person (one way)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: ZAR 80. (rates may vary)
- English breakfast fee: ZAR 135 for adults and ZAR 68.00 for children (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
User Reviews for UPPER EAST SIDE HOTEL
Nice rooms and good staff
I stayed in this hotel during the begining and the end of our trip to South Africa. The rooms were pretty spacious and comfortable. I really good hotel considering the price I have...
- posted on 11.18.12
- by Vitor F
Good value but a few flaws
Nice layout and a good option for local business travellers as rooms are functional and comfortable. Oddly, the wall hanging TV was off centre and this had the effect of making the...
- posted on 11.14.12
- by EyesOpenTraveler
Excellent value for money
Travelling on my own, and declining breakfast made this a great deal. (The breakfast was expensive in my opinion.) It was easy to find my way around from the hotel, even if the area...
- posted on 11.12.12
- by GailFN